Thursday 7 January 2010

NUJ chief slams editor's job insecurity joke


NUJ general secretary Jeremy Dear (pictured) has attacked a job insecurity joke made by Leicester Mercury editor Keith Perch in a Christmas email to staff.
Writing on his blog, Dear claims: "the prize for the crassest seasonal email goes to editor Keith Perch who managed to offend virtually the entire newsroom by lamenting the cuts and axing of around 50 journalists from the group's staff and ending with the following 'joke' - what's the definition of optimism? A regional newspaper journalist ironing five shirts on a Sunday."
The joke first surfaced many months ago in an anonymous posting on the HoldtheFrontPage website under a story about job cuts.

1 comment:

albern said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Kelvin

http://onlinejob01.blogspot.com