Saturday 16 January 2010

Guido Fawkes: 'I've achieved the Marxist ideal'



Right-wing blogger Guido Fawkes told an NUJ conference today that his successful blog was based on the economic model that Karl Marx aspired to.
Fawkes, aka Paul Staines, claimed: "I have achieved the Marxist ideal. I own the means of production and distribution. I have job security, I can't be fired and do much better than many journalists."
Ever the controversialist, Guido bit back when asked why he didn't employ a sub-editor on his blog which now attracts two million users page views (corrected after Guido's post below) a month. "Why would I want one?," he asked. "Why would I want to be in the NUJ either?"
Guido was talking at the 'New Ways to Make Journalism Pay' conference, organised by the NUJ's London Freelance Branch.

2 comments:

Guido Fawkes said...

2 million page-views not users.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Further proof that the 'political spectrum' is in fact a circle in which the extreme 'left' and the extreme 'right' are actually one and the same thing.