Saturday 7 March 2009

Bloggers or blockheads?

Great quote from journalist Nick Cohen in the latest issue of The Word magazine about being asked to blog for free.
"I get these calls all the time nowadays from these people who are starting up new internet projects and they want me to do a blog for them. And I ask then how much they are going to pay me and the answer is always the same. Absolutely nothing.
"So I send them back a polite email with a link to the classic quote from Dr. Johnson: 'No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money.' "

2 comments:

Nigel Barlow said...

good spot John if only it was as true now as in Dr Johnson's time

Anonymous said...

Nice post, nice blog, noteworthy articles!

I have come across SEO expert Nevil Darukhanawala who is good and reasonably priced. Check him out. Ravi Kumar