Friday 9 January 2009

Ronaldo car smash pics are a hit for Manchester Evening News reporter

Multi-media journalism scored for the Manchester Evening News when Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo smashed up his new £2000,000 Ferrari.
MEN crime reporter Nicola Dowling used her mobile phone to take exclusive pictures and video of the crash, in a tunnel by Manchester airport, which have been syndicated to the Sun, Sky, the BBC and other media outlets. The pictures were also used on the front page of the MEN and on the paper's website, while the video was on the site and on local TV outlet Channel M.
Nicola tells HoldtheFrontPage today: "As soon as we got the tip-off I and a photographer headed down there. I got down there before the scene had been properly secured and I was able to snap off a lot of pictures on my mobile and take some video footage as well."
The pictures can be seen here and the video viewed here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my. The car looks destroyed, I can't imagine what the driver looked like. The front window looks as if there was a head impact. I pray he was wearing his seatbelt.

Jon Slattery said...

Ronaldo was not hurt in the crash and was later pictured driving around in his Bentley