Saturday 6 August 2011

Daily Telegraph suggests Rebekah Brooks is still on NI payroll despite resigning as chief executive


Tim Walker in the Daily Telegraph's Mandrake column today suggests Rebekah Brooks may still be on the News International payroll.

He writes: "A big song and dance was made of Rebekah Brooks’s belated decision to resign as the chief executive of News International as the phone-hacking scandal engulfed Rupert Murdoch’s empire, but it has not had any great effect upon her standard of living.

"I am reliably informed that she remains on the company payroll. 'My understanding is that Rupert has told her to travel the world on him for a year and then he will find a job for her when the scandal has died down,' whispers my informant.

"When I call News International to inquire if Brooks is still on the payroll, they refer me to her personal publicist at Bell Pottinger. 'We’re offering no comment on your query regarding Rebekah,' Steve Double tells me, helpfully."

No comments: