Friday, 13 May 2011

Sun wins fight to name SAS soldier on sex charges

The Sun has named an SAS soldier who is to stand trial accused of sex offences against young girls - after the paper's lawyers challenged an injunction.

The Sun says: "Corporal Ian Tuckley, 31, is said to have preyed on victims as young as six.Tuckley was arrested late last year, but The Sun is only able to name him now after fighting an injunction.Someone in Britain's Special Forces community claimed key evidence at the June trial could not be shared in open court or it would threaten "national security".

"The move gave rise to accusations that they were not protecting their operations - but their reputation. And our campaigning lawyers had the decision overturned."

No comments: