Staff at Ireland's Sunday Tribune have been told no new buyer for the paper has been found and its 43 employees will be made redundant next week.
The newspaper went into receivership and suspended publication at the beginning of February after its main financial backer, Independent News & Media, withdrew its support from the company.
The Irish Times says staff employed at the newspaper were informed today by e-mail that they would be made redundant on Monday next as no firm offers had been made for the business.
RTE reports the receiver stating there had been a small number of inquiries about buying the business but no definite offers had been received.
The Irish Mail on Sunday caused outrage in Ireland and was accused of "grave robbing" after it attempted to woo Sunday Tribune readers with a wrap around purporting to be a Sunday Tribune front page.