Friday 25 February 2011

My fantasy press awards become a reality


I wrote a piece for TheMediaBriefing about My fantasy British Press Awards from hell in which I imagined the Guardian and the News of the World battling it out for the top prizes.

Today my fantasy is a reality as the Society of Editors revealed the shortlist for this year's national newspaper awards.

The Guardian's investigation into phone hacking at the News of the World is up for Scoop of the Year... as is the cricket corruption exposed by the News of the World.

The Guardian's Nick Davies, who has led the way on the hacking story, and colleague David Leigh are up for News Reporter of the Year...as is Mazher Mahmood of the News of the World.

I wonder how close the Guardian and NoW's tables will be on the night?

No comments: