Monday 25 July 2011

Editor Paul Robertson to leave Newcastle Chron


Editor Paul Robertson has resigned from the Evening Chronicle in Newcastle to "seek a new challenge". He is also Trinity Mirror's editorial director for the North East.

Robertson, who has overseen the Chronicle's switch to early morning publication, said: "Having project managed the recent change in the Chronicle publishing schedule, I think it's now the right time for me to seek a fresh challenge. The team in the North East is outstanding and I would like to thank them all for their support. I will miss the place but most of all the people I have worked with, many of whom are friends as well as colleagues. I wish everyone at ncjMedia and GMC the best of luck and success for the future."

He will leave the company on July 29.

Bob Cuffe, regional managing director, said, "Paul has been a passionate ambassador for our business - he's been a positive influence across the region, and proud of the newspapers he's worked on. Alongside his editorial skills, Paul's always been very commercially aware, always eager to support his commercial colleagues. We wish him all the best in the future. Paul will be a tough act to follow, and I'll be working on the future editorial structure in the weeks ahead."

1 comment:

Steve Dyson said...

Paul's a top editor. Industry's loss. I'm sure he'll do well wherever he ends up. Best wishes. S