Sunday 2 May 2010

At least there's one man in the media Gordon Brown can rely on...and that's Piers Morgan


The Guardian and now the Observer may have dropped him but at least Gordon Brown can rely on Piers Morgan.
Morgan in his Mail on Sunday The Insider column writes today: "Gordon Brown has been subjected to the most sustained and personally abusive media coverage imaginable for over a year. But despite this, he's still in there, fighting. And as I write, he could still win. I hope he does, not just because he's a friend of mine, nor because I genuinely believe he is the best man to lead Britain out of recession. No, I hope he wins because it would be a triumph for substance over presentation, age and wisdom over youthful inexperience, and gravity over shallowness. Brown's a serious politician, doing a serious job in serious times. He hasn't deserved the appalling vilification he's received, and it would be wonderfully sweet justice if come election night he scrapes home against all the odds. He's getting my vote, that's for sure."
The MoS does Brown no favours today with an exclusive interview with Bigotgate granny Gillian Duffy, who reveals that the PM asked her: "Do you ever come down to London? If you ever come down you must come to No.10 and meet me and Sarah." She tells the MoS: "Well, I just looked at him. I didn’t like to say it, but all I could think was, 'I don’t think you’ll be there.”’

No comments: