Chris Huhne admitting to a charge of perverting the course of justice and resigning from Parliament was the top UK news story for the week ending Sunday, February 10, according to journalisted.
Most covered stories of the week were:
- Ex-cabinet minister Chris Huhne pleads guilty to perverting course of justice and resigns as an MP, 394 articles.
- MPs vote in favour of same-sex marriage bill on second reading, 271 articles.
- Royal Bank of Scotland is fined £400 million for the Libor rate-rigging scandal, 105 articles.
- MEPs vote for radical fishing reforms in bid to end scandal of dumping dead fish, 11 articles.
- Ofsted chief warns law on runaway children is being routinely ignored as authorities fail to learn lessons from Rotherham grooming scandal, 2 articles.
- Poachers kill 11,000 Gabon elephants in under a decade as campaigners say the killing is "out of control", 2 articles.