The joint report detailing the extent of the sex abuse allegations made against Jimmy Savile was the most covered news story for the week ending Sunday, January 13, according to journalisted.
The most covered stories were:
- A joint report is published into the allegations of sexual abuse against Jimmy Savile, 203 articles.
- Much disputed 1% cap on working-age benefits wins vote by MPs, 158 articles.
- The coalition hold their mid-term review declaring their partnership is "steadfast and united", 105 articles.
- Mixed reaction as MPs call for a 32% pay rise, 26 articles.
- Somali captors kill French spy hostage and two commandos during failed rescue mission, 19 articles.
- Health watchdog Care Quality Commission finds 17 hospitals have 'unsafe staffing levels', 3 articles.