The terrorist attack on the Algerian gas plant resulting in the killing of hostages was the most covered story for the UK media in the week ending Sunday, January 20, according to journalisted.
British hostages killed after militants seize Algerian gas plant following long standoff, generated 255 articles.
Other top stories were:
- Lance Armstrong admits taking performance enhancing drugs in an interview with Oprah, 218 articles.
- Horse meat is found in beef burgers on sale in supermarkets in the UK and Ireland, 139 articles.
- 92 oil workers evacuated and crucial North Sea pipeline shut after leak is discovered, 10 articles.
- RBS faces £500m fine over Libor rigging scandal, 10 articles.
- Assad's men massacre 106 people in Homs Sunni village, says Syrian monitor, 5 articles.