The Tory party conference was the most covered story for the week ending Sunday, October 14, according to journalisted.
The Conservative Party conference in Birmingham generated 568 articles.
Other top stories were:
- BBC launches two inquiries into its conduct as more allegations of sexual abuse emerge against Jimmy Savile, 400 articles.
- Cyclist Lance Armstrong 'ran most sophisticated doping programme ever' report finds, 183 articles.
- Five Royal Marines have been charged on suspicion of murder after footage was found on a laptop computer, 10 articles.
- The NHS spends £825m treating alcohol-related illness in baby boomers far higher than young people, a study finds, 2 articles.
- Frequency of strokes are rising in young people with about one in five victims now below the age of 55, says American Academy of Neurology Journal, 2 articles.