The start of the 2012 Ryder Cup - which ended in a last gasp victory for the European team - was the most covered story in the UK press for the week ending Sunday, September 30, according to journalisted.
The win was reported in Monday's (October 1) papers.
Most covered stories were:
- Golfing stars begin competing for the 2012 Ryder Cup, 502 articles.
- 15-year-old Megan Stammers and her teacher Jeremy Forrest are caught in Bordeaux where he is arrested on suspicion of abduction, 182 articles.
- The Liberal Democrat Party Conference takes place in Brighton, 163 articles.
Covered little, according to journalisted, were:
- A reported crowd of 30,000 gather peacefully to take part in the Unionist parade to mark Ulster Covenant centenary, 15 articles.
- Suicide attackers bomb military HQ killing four in Damascus, 6 articles.
- US man shoots dead his own son while investigating a suspected burglary, 3 articles.