The failure of G4S to recruit enough staff for the Olympics was the top story for the week ending Sunday, July15, according to journalisted.
Army drafted in as G4S fail to train sufficient numbers of security staff for the Olympics, generated 209 articles. Other top stories were:
- Government drops crucial Lords reform vote as Cameron faces over 90 Tory rebels, 174. articles
- John Terry is found not guilty of racially abusing fellow player Anton Ferdinand, 146 articles.
- Angela Merkel defends religious groups as German court rules circumcision amounts to 'illegal bodily harm', 9 articles.
- Blogger sentenced to 18 years for violating Ethiopian anti-terrorism legislation, 3 articles.
- Leveson module four begins looking at the future of press regulation, 1 article.