The Libor rate fixing scandal that led to the resignation of Barclays' boss Bob Diamond was the biggest UK news story for the week ending Sunday, July 8, according to Journalisted.
The top news stories were:
- Bob Diamond resigns as chief executive of Barclays amid the Libor scandal, 573 articles.
- Andy Murray reaches the Wimbledon final before losing to Roger Federer, 450 articles.
- New particle the Higgs boson discovered by scientists at CERN, 126 articles.
Covered little, according to Journalisted were:
- M6 closes as electronic cigarette sparks terrorism fears, 11 articles.
- Mother jailed for murdering her baby with adult painkillers, 8 articles.
- New survey finds gay students suffer wide-spread bullying as teachers fail to challenge homophobic behaviour, 7 articles.