Lord Justice Leveson's report on the culture, practices and ethics of the press was the most covered news story in the UK for the week ending Sunday, December 2, according to journalisted.
Lord Justice Leveson publishes his report , recommending tougher self-regulation with statutory underpinning, which is covered in 482 articles.
Other top stories were:
- Mark Carney is announced as new governor of the Bank of England, 169 articles.
- UN gives Palestine new diplomatic powers in 'statehood recognition' vote, 84 articles.
- Whooping cough declared worst outbreak in 20 years as illness claims three more babies, 20 articles.
- BP banned from new US contracts due to 'lack of business integrity', 8 articles.
- Louis Walsh recieves £400,000 in damages from The Sun over false 'groping' story, 7 articles.