British success at the London Olympics dominated the news in the UK press for the week ending Sunday 5 August, according to journalisted.
- Bradley Wiggins wins gold medal to become GB's most decorated athlete generated 334 articles.
- Jessica Ennis gets Heptathlon gold in Super Saturday gold rush, 211 articles.
- Andy Murray takes men's singles gold and mixed doubles silver, 201 articles.
Covered little, according to journalisted were:
- Chinese newspaper apologises for calling athlete a "national disgrace" after she fails to lift starting weight, 2 articles.
- Jeremy Hunt criticised for Rupert Murdoch 'meeting' at Olympic swimming venue, 4 articles.
- Retail sales dip in London's West End as shoppers stay away, 13 articles.